[meteorite-list] the nuns want to go to tucson with me

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:05 2004

Dear Marci,
        I NEVER would have publicly reproduced your email had
I known it was, in fact, a private one. However, it was designated
"[meteorite-list]" in the subject box - I, therefore, thought it
had come from the list - even though, when I hit "Reply All" it
failed to include the list address - I thought it was a glitch and
pasted the list address "back" in.
        Entirely sorry if you were offended in any way. Certainly not
my intent, and I do apologize for making a private post public. I
consider that VERY poor form, indeed.
        However, this is something all list members should be aware of:
Leaving "[meteorite-list]" in the subject box of PRIVATE emails leaves
a lot of room for mistaken communication:
1) Many of us get TONS of email and do not always read each and
every list post, so, your private email may well go unread
2) It could easily lead to the mistake you see here
3) It does not reflect the best "protocol" one might hope for in
correspondence (honestly, no slam intended here, Marci - you
are clearly a kind and intelligent person and we are all lucky to
have another female on the meteorite list! A rare type, the female
meteorite enthusiast).
        Best wishes to all, Michael