[meteorite-list] Help with Posting-Theads if anyone has ever wondered

From: E. L. Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:46 2004

I assume you want your replies to be indents under the original
questio, thus remaining chronologically located in the "thread"and much
more easy to follow.

Depending on your software there is a thread code, or message ID chain,
embedded somewhere in the header so that when you reply, other mail
programs recognize it as a thread and "thread " it accordingly. Some
mail applications recognize it and some don't. I don't know how you set
that feature in your mail program. Sorry

When someone uses a threaded message to start a new topi even if they
deleate everything, the code is retained and it gets placed in the
original thread. In net parlance this is called "Hijacking" a thread.

Elton