[meteorite-list] Sudbury Impact Site

From: walter branch <branchw_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:09 2004

Hello Everyone,

I have received an email from a gentleman
who used to live near the Sudbury impact site and
reports having some interesting sounding Sudbury
specimens, some with metal veining. He also reports,

"We use to grab meteorites off of the lakes as they were thawing out in the
spring...we would go along the ice and look for dots in the ice to dig out.
This is very dangerous though...as the ice is very thin...and you are
wearing
hip waders to be on the 3 inch ice/2-3 foot water and below that is hundreds
of
feet of lake. I think that box we collected of these is still at my parents
house."

Sounds interesting, eh?

Who can I direct him to who can answer his questions about his Sudbury
specimens and possible meteorites? At the risk of slighting anyone, would
that be you Roman Jiresak or you Robert Szep?

Best wishes,

-Walter