[meteorite-list] Pallasites and Moist Climates

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:07 2004

Hello all,

I know this is an old subject, but I just wanted to vent a little.

I'm 4 for 4. I have two slices of Brenham, one of Brahin, and one on Imilac
that I bought in the last three years, and today they are all in the process of
(or are done) falling apart. Some of my irons are no different. Unless I build
a dry box with cooling, etc., living on the East coast of US is not a good
place to have Pallasites and iron slices. I've tried dessicant, oil, membrane
boxes, etc. to no avail. If I have to lock them up in some crypt...then why
have them? If I have to treat them and cook them, blah, blah...why have them?

If any of you see me buying or hear me say I want a slice of any Pallasite or
even most irons...reach through the internet and kick me in the BLEEP! What a
waste of good money!! If you live in a moist climate, go check your own
stuff...if you put them up to your ear, you can hear them rusting away.

Vented,

John