[meteorite-list] Park Forest - Too much for us to handle right now

From: John Sinclair <JSinclairJr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:06 2004

Hi Adam and list,
Here is a link to diamond saw blades that are .004 and .006 to .012 in
thickness. They range in price from $24.50 to $43.50 per blade.
http://www.gravescompany.com/proslice.htm
These diamond blades should fit Alan's lapidary saws. You can use alcohol as
a coolant if needed (always at your own risk) and they will last for more
than 10 cuts. These blades are used for cutting high grade gem rough
including sapphire and ruby (hardness 9) with minimum waste. I have used
them in my shop and they work perfectly for stone meteorites.
With you spending $3800.00 on blades, hopefully this will be of some help in
the future.
John Sinclair

Adam wrote:

>We have worn out 10 blades on our automated Isomet wafering saw at a cost
of $380.00 a blade.

>The other saw we are using that is set up for alcohol wastes too much
material because of the minimal blade thickness of .018 and needs constant
babysitting to make sure the reservoir does not run dry possibly resulting
in an explosion.