[meteorite-list] US falls and what will be normal ?

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:04 2004

Hello all,

I guess my post from a couple months ago commenting about the meteorite
drought in the US can now be changed to safely say the drought status has been
dropped...literally. The fall into a Chicago neighborhood in the US is BIG
NEWS!! (that I never noticed in the local paper...strange). The pictures of
the dark/light matrix of the Park Forest meteorite are incredible. Is seems to
be a very special fall for many reasons.

My question to all of you is...will the coming falls (in the future) in the US
have the same kind of outcome from a pricing standpoint? Many normal everyday
people in the US think that meteorites are priced so high that a fall of one
in their backyard makes them an instant millionaire. My belief is that any US
fall in the coming decades will result in outrageous pricing at the time of
the fall. We do everything big...well so will our new falls be
priced ...BIG$$$$$$$$$$$. Just a thought.

We buyers will have to protest at some point. Maybe at the gates of the Tucson
show.

John