[meteorite-list] Rob Elliot is here

From: Steve Witt <stelor96_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:03 2004

Greetings List,

I had the honor and priviledge of picking up Rob Elliot from O'Hare
Airport today. We only had about two hours of time in the field, but
Rob was able to acquire some enviable specimens from the Garza
residence as well as some of the Garza residence itself. Across town
he got another beautiful piece from this fall. While having dinner
Rob and I ran into Steve Arnold (IMB) and John Sinclair. We had a
great evening. Images available at photos.yahoo.com/stelor96 Click
on "Rob" album. All we need is Robert Haag to get into town and I
think we might have enough people to have a party. A bit OT. When I
got to O'Hare International Terminal the place was crawling with
Chicago news reporters. Very reminiscent of the Park Forest Police
Station parking lot last Thursday. There reason for being at the
airport was an incoming flight from Seoul/Tokyo. See photos. Kinda
spooky. I'll be posting more on Rob's adventures in the following
days.

G'night,
Steve

=====