[meteorite-list] collision on winslow st.

From: Steve Arnold, Chicago!!! <steve_arnol60120_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:03 2004

Good morning list.I just want to add some info on the collision. That is
the area where I spent more time than anywhere else.That will change
tomorrow.In the middle of the street, the meteorite hit at a very fast
moving speed.When it hit, it took out about 3/4 to an inch of
pavement.About 9 inches round.It then richocheted at about a 4 in. level
above the street coreening into the street curb at high impact.That is
where I got most of my micro's from.The black fusion crust was
everywhere.Then it rose up to at least 6 feet really quick to hit the
house on winslow st and take out some of the guys aluminum siding.This
piece hit really hard.I will be at the same area tomorrow about 7:30 am.If
anyone wants to meet me there, that is where I will be to start.Also if
you want to reach today for anything, you can reach me at work. The number
there is #1-630-518-0800.ext.5318.This goes right ot my desk.Or if you
want to reach me at lunch, I'll have my cell # on. The number again, is
1-847-804-8810.Hope to hear from someone.Also one last plug,only 3
non-crusted micro's left.I hope you all have great day and I'll see ya all
out in the strew-whatever tomorrow.

                                          steve arnold, chicago

=====
Steve R.Arnold, Chicago, IL, 60120