[meteorite-list] Portales Valley and Park Forest

From: John Gwilliam <jkg_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:02 2004

Matteo,
Are you just now figuring out that there are several factors that affect
the value of anything that is collectable? Lots of factors have negatively
affected the prices of meteorites over the past few years. In contrast,
some people will say that the net effect was a GOOD one because it made
rarer material available to the common man who collects meteorites.

What I really hear in your posts sounds like sour grapes. High prices must
be okay to you if you are currently in a selling mode, yet you complain
about the prices being too high when you decide to buy. This is a pretty
common practice used and desired by businessmen (and women) - buy low, sell
high. The skillful dealers in this business know when it's the right time
to buy AND sell.

That's the way the market goes. Learn to live with it.

John Gwilliam