[meteorite-list] IMCA, Blood's comments

From: webbth_at_appstate.edu <webbth_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:50 2004

John,
I expressed some of these same views when the organization was forming. I
have been dealing in and collecting meteorites, fossils and minerals for
42 years and have an impeccable record of honesty in buying and selling
these items we love so much. I have been a member of several mineral
clubs and societies which were helpful to the dealer and collector alike.
I also think an organization such as the IMCA is a good idea as far as
having members who share information to better the dealing in and
collecting of meteorites. However, at this point I have not asked to
become a member, because, rightly or wrongly, I have perceived it as more
of a police action committee. If my perception is wrong and the club has
higher ideals, then I would like to become a member. Otherwise I will
remain on the outside and continue my good business practices as I always
have, just as the two gentlemen earlier mentioned by Michael Blood always
have (Rob Elliott and Michael Farmer). If the organization can help bond
us all together in a way helpful to all and not by espousing suspicion or
creating a police state, then I think the remaining few might be
interested in joining.
Could the list perhaps see a statement of objectives of the IMCA?
Thanks and best wishes to all,
Thomas H. Webb