[meteorite-list] Re: Caveat Impactor

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:12 2004

Dear Ron and Francis,
    It is important that the general public has the right to know and to
react in the manner that they see fit (even if the risk is small).
People react in different ways and governments are very slow to react to
any threat. Research must continue and sometimes the press is an
effective means to get support. The public needs to be told that such a
scenario could happen even though not much could be done on the part of
an individual, a collective effort could be formed.. My two cents on
the matter.
Sincerely, Dirk Ross...Tokyo