[meteorite-list] NAKHLA TODAY vol.3, #101

From: Ron Baalke <baalke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:50 2004

> Ron: There was no fieldwork done at all by any qualified personnel
> in-the-field at Denshal.

> Kevin: It says in the paperwork that Dr. Hume "instructed the local
> authorities to give me every help in the investigation. It is a pleasure to
> state here that the Sub-Mudir of the Beheira province, Mahmoud Bey
> Qotri...not only carried out the letter of their instruction, but rendered
> the most helpful personal assistance, THE SUB-MUDIR VISITING DENSHAL."

Sorry, but the city official is not qualified personnel.
There is no details at all on what he did in Denshal, besides just visiting.

> But there was more investigation according to the John Ball Ph.D, D.Sc.,
> paper where he wrote "Later on, another fine fragment was collected by Mr.
> Brigstock of the Ag Department."

Yes, but there is no record of Mr. Brigstock visiting Denshal.

> Then there's the visit by Dahab Hassan of the Geological Survey "sent to the
> place in October and succeeded in purchasing no less than 20 more of the
> stones, which in his opinion are all that were in the hands of the peasants
> at the time."

Mr. Hassan went back to El Nakhla. Again, there is no record of him
visiting Denshal, either.

>So we've got multiple searches
> by qualified people, not "no fieldwork" as you state over and over.

Note there is no record of any of the searches being done in Denshal.
There was no fieldwork done at all by any qualified personnel
in-the-field at Denshal. The statement still stands.

Ron Baalke