[meteorite-list] Courtesy and Patience

From: Mike Groetz <mpg444_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:45 2004

   If I could please make a comment...
   There is a gentleman in this list that feels he may
be finding meteorites- one recently being possibly
lunar.
   OK- they may not be. But haven't we all been at his
learning stage and experienced the new found
excitement he has right now? Heck, I remember asking
Walter Branch if a small piece of Saratov I purchased
from him could be lunar. I was new at it and Walter
had the patience to explain to me it was not.
   All this gentleman was asking for was opinions- not
smart come backs. Not only to him- but smart come
backs advertising to everyone else in the group to
read.
   If you disagree that is fine- but be polite to the
person as others in the group have. And if you
repeatedly disagree with a person's submitals or let
them bother you- just don't open them and go on.
   I joined Yahoo email just for this meteorite group.
They are the only messages coming in to it. One thing
nice Yahoo has is an address blocker. A couple of
people so far have wound up on it.
   Please give others a break and appreciate their
excitement. Have a little patience, give them a chance
to learn and be a part of their learning in a positive
encouraging way.

Thanks,
Mike