[meteorite-list] Status of Denver

From: MeteorHntr_at_aol.com <MeteorHntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:58 2004

--part1_16c.bde55d.28d02712_boundary

Hello list,

The events of the day have totally suspended all of my actions, as we have
all been reminded of how low on the list of "Important Things in Life"
meteorites are located.

My heart goes out to those of us in our small meteorite community whose lives
will forever be dramatically changed. No doubt all of our lives will be
changed, albeit in less dramatic ways than those living in New York City.
Having lived in Oklahoma during the bombing in Oklahoma City, I know the
ongoing trauma of being near a terrorist target that takes years to
comprehend not to mention to deal with.

My personal plans were to drive from my home in Arkansas at 4:00pm today for
Denver. However, my roommates in Denver, Geoff Notkin and Geoff Cintron, are
not able to fly out of New York City tomorrow and probably will not want to
travel now, even if they could. Thus my trip has been delayed, and I still
need to decide if I want to head up to Denver in the next few days.

I am really curious what the reaction to all of this is in Denver? I am sure
there are many people (dealers as well as collectors) who have flown into
Denver that have no idea if they will be able to leave Denver on schedule, so
I can imagine that there is a bit of confusion from that respect. There
might even be list members that are stranded at airports where their flights
today were required to emergency land other than in Denver.

Also, has anyone else who was planning on traveling to Denver also canceled
or changed their plans? Did I understand that Marvin Kilgore is in Rome now?
 Any dealer/hunters (especially American) in Morocco today? Any in Oman?

Wow, it is hard to believe this whole day has really happened...

Steve Arnold
www.meteoritebroker.com

--part1_16c.bde55d.28d02712_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>Hello list,
<BR>
<BR>The events of the day have totally suspended all of my actions, as we have
<BR>all been reminded of how low on the list of "Important Things in Life"
<BR>meteorites are located.
<BR>
<BR>My heart goes out to those of us in our small meteorite community whose lives
<BR>will forever be dramatically changed. &nbsp;No doubt all of our lives will be
<BR>changed, albeit in less dramatic ways than those living in New York City. &nbsp;
<BR>Having lived in Oklahoma during the bombing in Oklahoma City, I know the
<BR>ongoing trauma of being near a terrorist target that takes years to
<BR>comprehend not to mention to deal with.
<BR>
<BR>My personal plans were to drive from my home in Arkansas at 4:00pm today for
<BR>Denver. &nbsp;However, my roommates in Denver, Geoff Notkin and Geoff Cintron, are
<BR>not able to fly out of New York City tomorrow and probably will not want to
<BR>travel now, even if they could. &nbsp;Thus my trip has been delayed, and I still
<BR>need to decide if I want to head up to Denver in the next few days.
<BR>
<BR>I am really curious what the reaction to all of this is in Denver? &nbsp;I am sure
<BR>there are many people (dealers as well as collectors) who have flown into
<BR>Denver that have no idea if they will be able to leave Denver on schedule, so
<BR>I can imagine that there is a bit of confusion from that respect. &nbsp;There
<BR>might even be list members that are stranded at airports where their flights
<BR>today were required to emergency land other than in Denver.
<BR>
<BR>Also, has anyone else who was planning on traveling to Denver also canceled
<BR>or changed their plans? &nbsp;Did I understand that Marvin Kilgore is in Rome now?
<BR>&nbsp;Any dealer/hunters (especially American) in Morocco today? &nbsp;Any in Oman?
<BR>
<BR>Wow, it is hard to believe this whole day has really happened...
<BR>
<BR>Steve Arnold
<BR>www.meteoritebroker.com</FONT></HTML>

--part1_16c.bde55d.28d02712_boundary--