[meteorite-list] Status of Denver

From: Mike Farmer <farmerm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:58 2004

--------------1FB32E927D0B3BF5555482C4

I was getting ready to drive to Denver this morning when I saw the
horror live on tv. My plans changed, I decided that I will go tomorrow,
I would like to see my friends in Denver. I wont do any business or at
least much, and I hate to go away at this time, but life here will go
on, we must make it or they have succeded.
I will try to make it to Denver tomorrow, but maybe too tired to go all
the way.
The sun will rise tomorrow on a differnt planet from that of today.
Mike Farmer

MeteorHntr_at_aol.com wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> The events of the day have totally suspended all of my actions, as we
> have
> all been reminded of how low on the list of "Important Things in Life"
>
> meteorites are located.
>
> My heart goes out to those of us in our small meteorite community
> whose lives
> will forever be dramatically changed. No doubt all of our lives will
> be
> changed, albeit in less dramatic ways than those living in New York
> City.
> Having lived in Oklahoma during the bombing in Oklahoma City, I know
> the
> ongoing trauma of being near a terrorist target that takes years to
> comprehend not to mention to deal with.
>
> My personal plans were to drive from my home in Arkansas at 4:00pm
> today for
> Denver. However, my roommates in Denver, Geoff Notkin and Geoff
> Cintron, are
> not able to fly out of New York City tomorrow and probably will not
> want to
> travel now, even if they could. Thus my trip has been delayed, and I
> still
> need to decide if I want to head up to Denver in the next few days.
>
> I am really curious what the reaction to all of this is in Denver? I
> am sure
> there are many people (dealers as well as collectors) who have flown
> into
> Denver that have no idea if they will be able to leave Denver on
> schedule, so
> I can imagine that there is a bit of confusion from that respect.
> There
> might even be list members that are stranded at airports where their
> flights
> today were required to emergency land other than in Denver.
>
> Also, has anyone else who was planning on traveling to Denver also
> canceled
> or changed their plans? Did I understand that Marvin Kilgore is in
> Rome now?
> Any dealer/hunters (especially American) in Morocco today? Any in
> Oman?
>
> Wow, it is hard to believe this whole day has really happened...
>
> Steve Arnold
> www.meteoritebroker.com

--------------1FB32E927D0B3BF5555482C4

I was getting ready to drive to Denver this morning when I saw the horror
live on tv. My plans changed, I decided that I will go tomorrow, I would
like to see my friends in Denver. I wont do any business or at least much,
and I hate to go away at this time, but life here will go on, we must make
it or they have succeded.
all the way.
list,</font></font>
totally suspended all of my actions, as we have</font></font>
low on the list of "Important Things in Life"</font></font>
of us in our small meteorite community whose lives</font></font>
changed.&nbsp; No doubt all of our lives will be</font></font>
dramatic ways than those living in New York City.</font></font>
during the bombing in Oklahoma City, I know the</font></font>
near a terrorist target that takes years to</font></font>
to deal with.</font></font>
drive from my home in Arkansas at 4:00pm today for</font></font>
roommates in Denver, Geoff Notkin and Geoff Cintron, are</font></font>
York City tomorrow and probably will not want to</font></font>
could.&nbsp; Thus my trip has been delayed, and I still</font></font>
to head up to Denver in the next few days.</font></font>
the reaction to all of this is in Denver?&nbsp; I am sure</font></font>
as well as collectors) who have flown into</font></font>
if they will be able to leave Denver on schedule, so</font></font>
is a bit of confusion from that respect.&nbsp; There</font></font>
that are stranded at airports where their flights</font></font>
land other than in Denver.</font></font>
was planning on traveling to Denver also canceled</font></font>
Did I understand that Marvin Kilgore is in Rome now?</font></font>
(especially American) in Morocco today?&nbsp; Any in Oman?</font></font>
this whole day has really happened...</font></font>