[meteorite-list] Award for Honesty in Salesmanship - Butt-ugly meteorite...

From: Nick Gessler <gessler_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:10 2004

I was amused to see the following on eBay:<br><br>
Butt-ugly meteorite...about a kilo <br><br>
Argentina... . This great meteorite was first discovered in 1572 by
Spanish Conquistadors in Gran Chaco Gualamba, now Chaco, Argentina near
the Paraguay boarder. Now for a few guarantees. I guarantee that this is
the above stated find. I guarantee it is butt ugly and slowly wasting
away to nothing. I have it listed as &quot;about a kilo&quot;. That's
what it weighed a few years ago when I bought it. I guarantee it will be
around for the next five years, just return dust for a full refund. I
guarantee it will make a mess. I guarantee that now matter how much you
try to stop this from rusting you will fail. And hell, I'll ship it for
free in the US. Actual size is 4&quot;X2.5&quot;X2&quot; and it hasn't
lost all that much over the years with frequent brushing and some WD-40.
Should we present an award, or what?<br>
Enchanted Treasures should take this approach as a model.<br>
Cheers,<br>
Nick</td></tr>