[meteorite-list] Butt Ugly Meteorite

From: Robert & Wendi Beauford <wendirob_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:10 2004

"> Enchanted Treasures should take this approach as a model.<> Nick<"

That's a pretty broad statement. Have you got a problem with me or my
meteorites Nick?
I offer fine NWA, Sah, and unamed chondrites as well as a few named American
finds. Most have fusion crust, shock veining, or other points of interest
that bring them above the average muck. The cuts are nice, the weights are
accurately reported, and the prices are fair.

Do you think 1012755903 deserves to be called Ugly Rock? I sort of feel
that it's beautiful mottled and veined interior would deserve a bit more
respect.
How about 1011444051 with some nice clear chondrules and fusion crust... is
that what you have a problem with?
Ok, so my picture of 1011796964 looks like a cow pie. It's a nice stone
though. Same stuff I cut that had the nice shock veining. And some
gorgeous crust to boot.
Only someone with no sense would call 1010581477 ugly. That's an awesome
rock.
1010482417... just another piece of 00604, but hey fresh crust and a nice
little specimen.
And this one... 1010482287. Not the most amazing piece of work on earth,
but it's got what looks like a nice micrometeorite impact scar on it, and
it's a nice sized specimen.

I don't know, maybe I missed the boat somewhere along the way, but your
comment seems a little out of left field. Perhaps you'd like to explain or
apologize?

-Robert Beauford
enchanted-treasures