[meteorite-list] Type 7 Chondrites

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:11 2004

herbert.raab_at_ris.at wrote:

> I also wonder if the assignment of type 7 is handeled equal by different labs.
> I am just a curious collector, not a scientist. But looking, for example, at
> Taouz 002, which is highly recrystallised and has no visible chondrules left,
> I wonder if this wouldn't have been classed as LL7 instead of LL6 by other
> researchers? Also, type 7 is a compareably new extension to the > chondrite
> classification scheme. I wonder if some "old" meteorites, that were classified
> many years ago as, say, L6 would become L7 these days? Greetings, Herbert Raab

Hello Herbert and List,

I was waiting for Jeff Grossman to step in and "clarify" (which he
hasn't done so far). So I'd like to direct your attention to one of
his reposts of his comment(s) to the list dated 4 Feb 1999. Go to
the archives for details:

http://www.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2001-February/001813.html

Best wishes,

Bernd