[meteorite-list] Thin Section Photos

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:46:23 2004

Hi Tim & John,
        I, too, enjoyed your thin section photos, John.
http://www.meteorites.org
I have also seen decent thin section photos by Ginger Mayfield
and, on rare occasion, I have taken a couple of tollerable
ones. This, in spite of trying all of the following with limited
success:
- digital, with an adaptor through the ocular
- 35mm through an adaptor designed for my microscope
- digital photos of SEVERAL DIFFERENT Microfiche reader screens
- ETC.
        So, John, please don't take this personally. Your work
is as good as I have seen - with one exception: the photo work
by Tom Toffoli, in Meteorite Magazine. I have never seen what
I would consider to be a really excellent photo of a meteorite
thin section, except the outstanding photographs one of our
own has achieved: Tom Toffoli. I don't think anyone could
see his work in the latest issue and debate its outstanding
quality.
        I wonder if Tom would be willing to share his seacrets for
outstanding
thin section photography with us?
        Howsabout it, Tom?
        Would other list members be interested in being able to
produce photos like the ones in the current issue of
METEORITE? I know I certainly would.
        Sincerely, Michael

--
If you walk backwards, you’ll find out that you can go fowards
and people won’t know if you’re coming or going.