[meteorite-list] FAQ page
From: ari machiz <a_machiz_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:38 2004
It is Me again with another episode of The Newbie
Digest. In this episode, I will be asking all you
schooled people of good repute to step out of the
woodwork and reach DE-E-E-E-EP into your pockets. We
need some answers.
I have decided to approach this from another angle. I
have limited the request to answers from only one
Now, please consider answering these questions. I will
give you the gratification of your efforts by showing
you what I have done so far as soon as I get a
response to an e-mail I have sent. Until then, please
go on trust that your efforts are going to pay off.
I am going to request that Michael Blood answer
Question #'s 45 and 46 specifically. If anyone else
wants to add info that is fine. I just know he offers
microscopes and canes. (MB, talk about the Rare Earth
materials I suspect are in the magnets.)
41. Where can I get those little square/round plastic
boxes that some dealers keep meteorites in?
42. Where can I buy a Reiker mount box?
43. What is a good metal detector?
44. Which metal detector is right for me?
45. Are there special magnifiers or microscopes that
work well for meteorites? What about hand-held lenses?
46. Where can I buy strong magnets to use in the
47. Where can I buy lapidary supplies?
Thanks to all.
You can send all responses to:
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices.
Received on Mon 12 Mar 2001 08:39:12 PM PST