[meteorite-list] Plundering

From: ari machiz <a_machiz_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:15 2004

Dean,

Thanks for your response.
Just to let you know, I'm not trying point a finger at
anyone, though I suspect right and wrong at some level
can be determined by the word "plunder."

> The key word here is STEAL

>When you visit this area ocassionally for 3 years and
>take anything that you want - raping and stripping
>the desert of anything that you wish to keep for
>yourself, and supply nothing in return to the
>property owners of 5000 years except a few bribes to
>government officials then you are plundering.

The word "bribe" shines here like a beacon. Does this
mean it is illeagal for me to remove a stone from the
Saharas without going through some process, thereby
making removal "stealing" or "plundering?"

Thank you,

Ari Machiz
Ari_at_Mediaright.tv