[meteorite-list] UNCUT NWAs (was, "Unclassified NWAs")

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:42:03 2004

Bob Varish wrote:.....
YES, I've seen the little stone fragments that aren't
"cut" circulating around already, but all I can say to
the importers is this - find yourself an engravers
stamp and start carving your "brand" on these little
trouble makers. If you can't find the time to do
that, then send them all to me and I'll do it for ya'.
Short of spraying the whole mess of them with a clear
"tracer" solution, I don't have any other good
suggestions. I'd like to hear some other suggestions.
 We don't necessarily need GOOD suggestions. We just
need to do something. ANYTHING!
Bob V.
------------
Hi Bob & all,
        Am I missing something here? Have there been a bunch of
people committing meteorite fraud that I haven't known about?
The only fraud (since the So. American Museum theft) that I
know of is an occasional jive turkey on ebay that found a stupid
rock and thinks it is a meteorite. Are there people committing
meteorite fraud OTHER than the occasional nit wits that show
up on eBay?
        If so - please fill me in - If not, all this talk about meteorite
fraud strikes me as very paranoid.
        Sincerely, Michael

--
Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that
created them.