[meteorite-list] Re: Earth originating meteorites

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:42:02 2004

Hello Michael,

This is a subject that I'm very interested in. But,
so far, I can't find very much information about this,
and the "literature" neither supports the possibility
of "Earth meteorites" nor rules against it. In my
conversations with researchers I get the impression
that the general consensus is "not possible".

This is a subject that I'd like to continue discussing
with you. But in order to do that, can you give some
references, or refer me to the people (Antarctic
researcher) that you have stated has calculated that
"Earth meteorites" are mathematically possible. In
return I can supply the names of those researchers
that I have talked to and have calculated that it is
"not possible" to return to Earth anything less
altered than a tektite.

Keep in mind that I am pro-"Earth meteorite". I'm
just trying to obtain enough facts in order to
substantiate my position. I need references to
counter those that say that there are calculations
which show that the energy required to launch an Earth
rock into space is more than enough to completely melt
or vaporize it.

Bob V.

Message: 9