[meteorite-list] Re: Specific Halite

From: Dave Coleman & Sarah Kennedy-Coleman <jensan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:42:00 2004

Meteorite List Members,

We are looking for varied colored halite. Blue. Green. Yellow. Red.
Orange. White.

When I was in Germany (when I was five-eight years old) my family went
to a salt mine where we rode slides from level to level and went across
a lake in the bottom of the mine and then out an elevator.

At the end of the trip we bought a 6-cell sample boxed variety of the
different colored salts produced. They were exquisite!!! I am looking
for them again, as the original was lost.

I believe the place was Salzburg.... or Stuttgart?????

Thanks in advance to any European help.

Best,

Sarah Kennedy-Coleman
Jensan Scientifics