[meteorite-list] FAQ Section?

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:58 2004

Gary Hansen wrote:
....does this group have a FAQ for newbies?
--------------
Hi Gary, Art & list members,
        I would like to go on record STRONGLY supporting a FAQ section to be
placed at Meteorite Central. This would be a very rich data base that
would also SAVE a lot of time repeating every 6 months to 2 years
to remove saw marks from part slices - how to polish a specimen, how to
prevent rust in irons, etc, etc, etc.
        These, and other similar questions are totally legitimate and
inevitably are asked repeatedly over a period of time as new members
join this group.
        It just doesn't do to respond, "We covered that 2 years ago - look it
up in the archives" - because such a search would be so tedious.
However, with a FAQ section - perhaps arranged alphabetically (or
section.
        Of course, this means MORE work for Art, who already gives selflessly
of his time and bandwidth. Is this feasable, Art? If so, would you want
any assistance I or others could offer in helping to set it up?
        Best wishes, Michael (PS: Nice site, Gary)

--
A conservative is one who admires radicals centuries after they're dead.
	  - Leo Rosten