[meteorite-list] Meteorite Catalogue

From: David Weir <dweir_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:58 2004

Hello Gary,

You have asked the listmembers if they object to your copying their
writing and using it on your website. While this is not as bad as
copying an entire website (this was actually done once!), it is not an
honest way to build a website and is also redundant. I notice that text
from my website has been copied verbatim on your site. If you read, my
website has been copyrighted against such use. My information is
compiled and distilled from many papers with due care to avoid
plagiarism. I welcome those who would quote from it but absolutely not
those who take complete texts from it. I challenge you to do your own
writing and I'm sure you will take greater pride in your website.

Regards,
David Weir