[meteorite-list] Dave Gheesling

From: Sean T. Murray <stm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 00:56:13 -0500

Folks,
It?s with a heavy heart that I write to the meteorite community this evening.
Dave Gheesling passed away yesterday (11/11), and we?re all trying to process the sudden loss. He was my best friend. I don?t have the words to express how much he meant to me, how much he influenced my life, and how blessed I was to have known the man.
Dave?s love of family & friends, his positivity, his generosity and his enthusiasm for life are the example he has left for us all. Dave has been an important part of our community, and his contributions will live on as his legacy for many decades to come.
I apologize for the abruptness of an email communication, but we were only able to contact a few people this evening, given the hour. Please, if you need anything, contact me directly so that we can give Dave?s family the time they need to prepare for the service. I will post more details as they are available.
Yours,
Sean Murray
678-367-7095 (cell)
?Our respective fates here on planet Earth are all inevitable. Sooner or later - and whether we like it or not - each of us will eventually assume room temperature. Seemingly against all odds, we are born, we experience a few decades on the big ball (if we're lucky), then we die. Our atoms are once again stirred back into the terrestrial soup, and that's about all she wrote.?
-- Dave Gheesling, August 2009
http://www.fallingrocks.com/FRarticle-082009.htm