[meteorite-list] Two million-year long meteorite record found in Atacama Desert, Chile

From: almitt2 at localnet.com <almitt2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 08:29:38 -0400

Greetings,

 From what they found it would indicate a fall of one meteorite every
4,504 years on a square kilometer. Only problem I see with this, would
be, there has to be a quantity of meteorites buried beneath the desert
below their findings. So the rate could be several times higher. Some
specimens that fell in the area at that time may have come down in
dust as well leaving no trace.

Very interesting research none the less.

--AL Mitterling
Mitterling Meteorites

   Quoting Paul via Meteorite-list

https://www.livescience.com/65558-atacama-desert-has-meteors-for-days.html