[meteorite-list] Why carbonaceous chondrites? (A "thank you" to Mr. Horejsi)

From: Michael Doran <eikoph_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 17:58:24 +0000 (UTC)

Another excellent description -- Martin definitely has a way with words.

The loaf of bread metaphor also comes into play when I try to describe to friends my preference for specimens that are "thin" end-cuts. They usually say, "Oh, like the heel of a loaf a bread?" -- I say yes, but also explain that in the meteorite collecting world, the "heel" is considered by some to be the most desirable piece.

Eater of good bread (and collector of awesome meteorite "heels"),

-- Michael

Michael Doran
Fort Worth, TX