[meteorite-list] What's matter with this idea of what meteroite is?

From: Anne Black <impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 14:18:33 -0400

Hello,

Saying that a rock is a meteorite simply because it is attracted to a magnet is wrong. A magnet is only the first of many tests you must do before you can say that a rock is "perhaps" a meteorite. But you will not know for sure until it has been analyzed by a specialized lab.

I recommend you study this site very carefully. http://meteorites.wustl.edu/meteorwrongs/meteorwrongs.htm

Anne Black
IMPACTIKA.com
impactika at aol.com