[meteorite-list] R: help me in understand analysis

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2017 17:33:09 -0700

A lot of the garbage being sold as lunar meteorites by so-called
reputable dealers will not even pass the fizz test.

http://geology.com/minerals/acid-test.shtml

Collectors are being fleeced out of thousands of dollars by terrestrial
limestone breccias, some of which can be found in the Atlas Mountains
near an impact structure. I would avoid or ask for a refund on any
material that fizzes on a cut surface! I remember seeing the same
crustless, caliche-rich material offered up at the Tucson Gem and
Mineral show several years ago for $50.00/gram. Now it is being offered
on eBay and other venues due to a somewhat similar appearance to genuine
Lunar meteorites. I do not know if refunds were given to those who
purchase this terrestrial material in the past or not.

This is but one example of why all stones suspected as being planetary
should be formally tested and classified.

If in doubt, throw it out or demand a refund.