[meteorite-list] R: help me in understand analysis

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2017 12:11:08 -0400

Francesco, Just found another reference to Lunar rock 12039 by Bunch (not a meteorite) and I stand corrected. It has a bulk SiO2 of 47.3 % and also Calcalong Creeks bulk chemestry of SiO2 is actually 47.18. So, actually, Well within the Lunar range. I'd get it tested. see link below

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/23878123_Mineralogy_petrology_and_chemistry_of_lunar_rock_12039
Carl
--
--
Love & Life
---- Carl Esparza via Meteorite-list <meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com> wrote:
> Francesco, This puts the Fe/Mn ratio at 74.84. This is indeed within the Lunar range of the most famous lunar meteorite "Calcalong Creek". I possess the results of the actual study and the range based on various samples ranges from 67.3 to 72 so, that does not rule it out as being Lunar. The high SiO2 makes it doubtful but, Lunars require extensive research. I'd have it tested by a lab to be sure.
Carl
--
Love & Life