[meteorite-list] Morocco's stone rush: Hunting meteorites is big business for nomads (Tommy)

From: Raremeteorites <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2017 16:00:26 -0800

Daniel, you are absolutely correct,

It was good while it lasted. Globalization and modern western views play a
great part in the destruction of free will. Overregulation will result in
the loss of real treasure, the people themselves, who once used to rescue
these objects from obscurity. Sovereignty only exists in the minds of
politicians and lawyers. In the end, people will become tired of being told
what to do and do what they want to do. In other words, once-legal
activity will now go underground.

The next time, this academic asks for a donation or endowment, you can
bequeath him a note which states "coprolites happen, move out of your urban
setting and get a real life." Hard working people, making the actually
recoveries, should think of those who try to regulate everything from behind
a desk, no better than fecal matter.

Meteorite hunting has already been regulated into extinction here in the
U.S. in a single generation. Nothing surprises me anymore.