[meteorite-list] Request for Images of Art Ehlmann

From: Mayne, Rhiannon <r.g.mayne_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 21:50:37 +0000

Dear All,

TCU celebrated the eclipse today, while mourning the loss of Art. While no times have yet been announced, there will be a memorial for him in Fort Worth (likely some time next week). We are making a slideshow of images for Carol that can be played. I would love if you have any images of him, if you could share those with me. My email is r.g.mayne at tcu.edu. If you wish to send any cards or condolences then please let me know, and I am happy to provide an address that will ensure those will be given directly to Carol. I will make sure to post his full obituary here when it is written; however, a more meteorite-centric one will also be forthcoming.

I have had quite a few of you contact me and ask what happened. I just wanted to let you all know that he spent some of that morning with me, looking over all the new meteorites in the collection since his last foray into the vault with me. He then walked to get lunch and brought it back, sat down to eat with his best friends as he did every Saturday, and passed away at the table.

Best,

Rhiannon

Dr. Rhiannon Mayne
Oscar and Juanita Monnig Chair of Meteoritics and Planetary Science
Curator of the Oscar E. Monnig Meteorite Collection
School of Geology, Energy, and the Environment, Sid Richardson Building, M16
P: 817.257.4172 | TCU Box 298830