[meteorite-list] How Many Meteorites Are Hidden on Farmland?

From: bill kies <parkforestmet_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 21:22:39 +0000

Pleasant article. Very little hype of the sort we are often inundated with. The only thing that I found disappointing was the lack of information pertaining to the rock/meteorite itself.

Kinda looks like a pallasite but that's just a silly guess, I guess ; since it's only based on a glance. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Bill

How Many Meteorites Are Hidden on Farmland?
www.agweb.com
In early May, with corn already up, Bruce Lilienthal spotted a large rock jutting halfway out of his heavy, black dirt. He dug out a 16? long, 10? wide and 2? thick specimen weighing an unseemly 33 lbs. Unknown to Lilienthal, he?d harvested the single most unique item in his farm?s history:?a meteorite.

Regards!

Tom