[meteorite-list] Chelyabinsk-like meteorites may strike Earth twice this century

From: Shawn Alan <shawnalan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 17:23:38 -0700

Hello Listers,

Chelyabinsk-like meteorites may strike Earth twice this century

Source: REX

The threat of an asteroid or meteorite attack on Earth is still
relevant, Professor of the Ural Federal University, Victor Grokhovsky
believes.

According to the scientist, large celestial bodies "attack" planet Earth
approximately three times in 100 years. Therefore, we may witness
another meteorite attack, similar to the one that occurred in the sky
above Chelyabinsk, Russia.

"In this century, the first large meteorite exploded in the sky over
Chelyabinsk. It is quite possible that objects similar to the
Chelyabinsk meteorite may strike Earth once or twice this century," the
professor told TASS, Pravda.Ru says.

Grokhovsky explained that his theory was based on the statistical data
of meteorite attacks on Earth in the last hundreds of years.

According to Grokhovski, scientists do not know much about the threats
that planet Earth may encounter in space.

Pravda.Ru

website:
http://english.pravda.ru/news/science/14-10-2015/132322-chelyabinsk_meteorite-0/

I would say this is true, hello is a stony meteorite and we get hit by
those a lot. What would be cool is if it was a lunar meteorite :))))))

SA

Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
ebay store http://www.ebay.com/sch/imca1633ny/m.html