[meteorite-list] Notice to eBay Meteorite Sellers

From: Ron Baalke <baalke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 15:53:18 -0800 (PST)

> What I am referring to is bidder requirements. I tried to place a bid
> on two different specimens from two different dealers and both times
> eBay stopped me and said I could not bid because my PayPal account is
> not "linked" to eBay.

For security reasons, it's just a very bad idea to link any of your online accounts together.
Period. This applies not just to ebay & paypal, but Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Ebay has been hacked into before. The next time ebay is hacked - and there will be most
definitely be a next time - all your accounts linked to it are automatically accessible
to the hackers. Keep that in mind.

Ron