[meteorite-list] Beni M'hira exhibition in Montreal

From: Pelé Pierre-Marie <pierremariepele_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 17:38:19 +0000 (UTC)

Hello !

If you are close to Montreal in Quebec, you can visit the exposition about the meteorite of Beni M'hira that we helped to build with the Planetarium of Montreal, from june 27 to December 31, 2015.

9 remarquable specimen will be shown along with several panels presenting the fall and the process of meteorite hunting. A perfect exhibition for children and anybody who is fascinated by our space rocks !

More info here : http://espacepourlavie.ca/blogue/en/it-s-open-season

Just an appetizer :

"Pierre-Marie Pel?, Fabien Kuntz and Marie Gerbet boast that they have the world?s greatest job: meteorite hunter. They roam the deserts on different continents looking for rocks from space. In 2012 and 2013, their quest took them to a spot near the village of Beni M?hira, in southwest Tunisia, where they discovered over 100 fragments of a meteorite that had fallen a decade earlier. They brought back some of these pieces to the Rio Tinto Alcan Planetarium when they returned.

Now you can hear about their adventures and appreciate the fruit of their efforts in this all-new exhibition. There?s a fun activity to accompany it, too: travel with our guides to the middle of the Tunisian desert and hear about our meteorite hunters? lucky breaks and mishaps. Remember your hat and sunscreen!

15-minute presentations on the Beni M?hira meteorite will be given every hour starting at 9:30 a.m., in the exhibition zone in front of the meteorite laboratory."

Planetarium Rio Tinto Alcan
4801, avenue Pierre-De Coubertin
Montr?al, QC Canada
H1V 3V4

Pierre-Marie Pel?
Meteor-Center
M?t?orites : achat - vente - expertise - exp?ditions - recherche
http://www.meteor-center.com
IMCA 3360