[meteorite-list] Uruacu surface rust

From: John Lutzon <jl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2015 23:59:10 -0400

Hello All,

Wasn't this a beautiful day in the neighborhood. :-) :-)

I do (oh, how i remember those words) have have a simple rust question about a 2,700 gm Uruacu that
I have which may be seen here: http://www.encyclopedia-of-meteorites.com/collection.aspx?id=2639

As I pen this missive-i'm failed as from whom I purchased this beauty --but I thank him.
It is an individual with about -20% removed and the window was etched. The etched face
is fine and incredibly stable, however, on the backside(which you will not see in my EoM pic) there is some very light
surface rust in the nooks & crannies of the regmaglypts. So, should i just gently brush the rust out and use
some nose oil or trans. fluid, or NOT.This does not warrant the known "rust guru's". I'm looking for "home" advise to a minor
issue. Again, i'm talking about very light cosmetic rust--maybe just brush off and leave alone for the next five years?
I also have some larger Campo's (also extremely stable) with some surface "dust". Maybe just lucky on what I bought?

Oh yeah, I scoped this Uruacu today and could find any granite structures. Maybe granite is not prone to rusting??

All best, John