[meteorite-list] Accepting Inquiries From Accredited Scientific or Educational Institutions...

From: Peter Richards <pedrichards_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2015 12:55:04 -0500

Mike, I think your approach is great for novices. I know that not only
you but many professional meteoricists have your "hardline", barely
logical, if so, preconceived, "paper form" reply, when, of course, it
is an odd inheritor of the mantle of people who once said meteorites
did not even exist, which I believe Geoff Notkin has reported included
the heads of the Catholic church at one point historically. I get that
scientists, like you seem to me to, might prefer to discredit the
possibility than be honest, yet, again, it is what it is. My previous
statements are what they are. You can call them what you want, at the
behest of yourself or your friends or whoever motivates you to do what
you do. Of course, oddly enough, you seemingly disingenuous people are
leaning into this, and seem prepared to throw your all at me in such a
muckracking match, in lieu of the professionals. Really, I have some
emails from them, so it is the same. You all are what you are, the
rock is what it is (as previously described), and I am what I am, and
maybe I should have not been provoked by your message, and ignored it,
but, I have already written this and the "send" button is in sight, so
do not fight. I know how great you all are. I have explained what you
are doing. I don't know why. It does protect your financial interests,
and my writing the truth, and not being cowed by past "infidelities"
is my attempt to protect my own.
cordially,
Peter
P.S. There are no granite meteorites recognized/officially-known and
would it not be bizarre if some people had a bias towards wanting it
to stay that way?