[meteorite-list] Fwd: Last Call - "The Global Meteorite Price Report - 2015"... in Time for Tucson (ad)

From: Kevin Kichinka <marsrox_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 09:52:21 -0600

Team Meteorite:

The bi-annual edition of "The Global Meteorite Price Report - 2015" is
available. Note - I will not be offering this on the met-list again
until I publish
the next report for 2017.

Purchasers will receive it as a pdf file attached to an email.

I've been selling this report on the meteorite-list and on eBay since
2004 because I knew it would be helpful to collectors. It is the only
source in the world of retail meteorite 'price discovery'. It is good
to know what your meteorites are 'worth' or what new ones might cost.

This edition has been expanded to cover dealer prices for 264
meteorites and their permutations. Expanded from the last edition,
there are now also 52 'generic classifications' so you'll even learn esoteric
like "What does a typical NWA monomict-eucrite cost?"

"Nice publication overall and very well written."

"Thanks, it's a great guide, glad you take the time to put it together!"

"WoW! This is wonderful Kevin!"

"Keep up the good work!"

"I appreciate the effort you put in to these and it always makes
interesting reading".

"Excellent report. I will be re-reading this for the next 2 years
until your next."

"Kevin, thanks for giving me the opportunity to get your 2015
meteorite market survey. I really enjoyed your book on meteorite
collecting and I often used it for reference. A must for all
interested in meteoritica."

The report begins with a description of the methodology I used in
interpreting the information. The data is now professionally presented
on an Excel spread sheet. You will find prices for some meteorites
beginning in 2005, even more meteorite prices for 2007, even more for
2008, 2010, 2012 and then the 316 items surveyed for this year. Many
meteorites have pricing for most or all of these years making trend
spotting easy. No stone (or Iron) was left un-turned :>)

The 'State of the Market' considers whether meteorite collecting is a
fading fad. I review the results of a survey sent to several
International dealers to gauge their confidence in the future of our
hobby. The long-term impact of NWA's is revealed.

Next, we go to the Campo del Cielo strewn field where questions about
the origins of 'New Campos' and another possible pretender are
entertained.

My take on "The Collapse of Lunar and Mars Meteorite Prices" is
certain to be controversial. (Update - This week AHupe had a sub-gram
slice of Lunar NWA 5000 sell at a rate of $216/gm on eBay.)

For those unaware that there never was a dog "left like ashes in a
moment" by the Mars Nakhla meteorite fall, the truth will set you
free.

I warn of certain (cheap) numbered and nameless NWA's having the
potential of being sold as certain (expensive) historic meteorites.

The 'Meteorite Price Analysis' completes the report, parsing price
movement and availability of the most important meteorites in all
classifications.

"Nice study, and very helpful!"

"The price list is great! Just what I needed."

"I like to stay plugged into the market and really dig your reports."

"Thanks Kevin, Great work!"

"Thank you my friend, I am always trying to learn and add to the
Collection and with your help with the Global Report this will make
collecting a lot easier."

"Hi Kevin , just want to say - thanks for your wonderful work :)

But the report is not just words and numbers, it's dense with photos
of people we know, places we wish we could visit, and.... meteorites.

Totaling 33 pages- by far the biggest edition yet- this price report
will enlighten, entertain, and likely save you a lot of money on your
next meteorite purchase. It might be useful in determining insurance
coverage for your collection (ask your agent). Dealers can check their
sales prices against their competitors. Researchers and museum met
curators can follow market trends.

I haven't raised the price of this report for years to keep it affordable to all
and I hope you will agree that it remains a bargain at $15.

I offer this work because I think it is good for you... for
everyone... not just dealers, to know the current market prices of
different meteorites along with which direction they are going.

I asked a dear friend, the former editor/publisher/founder of
Meteorite! magazine to take a look at this report to save me from my
errors and omissions. He did so, adding....

"Well done ? it?s a real contribution to the meteorite scene." - Dr. Joel Schiff

Please visit Paypal.com, use my name - Kevin Kichinka - to reach my
account and deposit
$15. I will have the report on its way to you in 24 hours.

Collecting meteorites is the greatest hobby and I am proud to
contribute. Thank you for your terrific support of this project.
Its this gratifying support that 'keeps me keepin' on'.

Kevin Kichinka

Rio del Oro, Santa Ana, Costa Rica

'The Art of Collecting Meteorites' is available on Amazon.com as an
eBook for $9.95.

'The Global Meteorite Price Report -2015' is yours now for $15.

MARSROX at gmail.com (and everywhere else...:>)