[meteorite-list] ad - meteorite books

From: Edwin Thompson <etmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 01:10:33 +0000

Hi folks,

Over the years of my life I have amassed a large collection of books on numerous favorite subjects. In an effort to continue writing the series, 'The Meteorite Chronicles' I will be attempting to sell many of the books from this collection. The plan for now is to spend one week each month listing books on EBay and the other remaining three weeks writing. There are many books on each of these subjects: Meteoritics, Paleontology, Egyptology, Archaeology, Art History, Native Peoples and Artifacts of the Pacific Northwest, Astronomy, Travel, Classic Literature, Art and Art History. There are also a number of signed first editions from scientists and also from classic authors like T.S. Elliot, Tolkien and Samuel Clemens. When I chose to turn my meteorite collecting hobby into a business many years ago I also decided that it was important to me to put it all out there on the table and not hold back the best for myself. But, the collector in me turned to other collectibles in substitution of this denial. This col
lection of antiquarian and rare books is a reflection of that substitution. If the book collection thins out more rapidly than expected then I will turn on the art collection.

Listed on EBay at this time are a number of books on Meteoritics and also Paleontology and just for fun I listed a signed Dr. Seuss and a book signed by T.S. Eliott.

If you have interest, the EBay I.D. is etmeteorites. Please file me as a favorite vendor and you can see additional listings in future days. There are easily more than 10,000 books and a number of them are from the 1600's to 1800's. Just last night listed a wonderful book translated from Latin to English in 1694, a large antiquarian book on early sciences which includes a chapter on meteors, very cool beans!

My sincerest thanks to everyone who bought the new book, EarthUnder at the Tucson show. By the time I got home last week I had sold out of both the hardbound and paperback editions. If you buy a copy from your local book store or on Amazon, Barnes and Noble or Inkwater Press, drop me a line if you wish and I will gladly mail you a signed bookplate. Book two; SkyThunder will be out soon.

Thank you all more than words can say for your support. I am proud to be a part of this community.

Regards,

E.T.