[meteorite-list] Ron Hartman Collection items coming to Tucson

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 12:26:56 -0800

Yes, it is common knowledge that Ron's son, Jim, sold many of the meteorites from his father's collection.
So, it MAY be that Jim was the executor of the estate, but in no way would I call Jim the "curator".? But that is in the past.?

I'm just the messenger here, but what I do know for certain is that the owner of the R.N. Collection is Ron's wife, Petra Hartman.
I know that she has designated (in a notarized letter)? a friend of the family to be in charge of the collection.? He has agreed in writing:
that he "will not be paid for this work - not for labor, nor for expenses".? This is the person that I am calling the present "curator".?
By the way,? I am also volunteering my time and effort with this collection "pro bono" at the request of the curator (and as a friend of the family).?
So, forgive me if I show little patience with all of these distractions.

Reader's of this List should take note that I have clearly stated what I know to be fact from those statements which are only "to the best of my knowledge".
Too many posts to this List are stating conjecture and opinion (promoting an agenda) as if it were actual fact.? This is not to reflect on those who have replied to this thread.?
But recent threads have been perfect examples.???Personal agendas about the meteorite market, the Tucson Show, the BLM, and Nevada meteorites have been shown to have no basis in reality, let alone in fact.? This is resulting in a great deal of misinformation.?
What I find worse is that obviously untrue statements are going unchallenged.? With the sole exception of Mike Farmer, nobody is questioning these posts for their basis in fact.?

Whoa!! Just saw all of the replies about my post. Gotta go; no more time left for dispelling rumors...
Bob V.