[meteorite-list] K9 unit to search for meteorites / Brix's pups/

From: wahlperry at aol.com <wahlperry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 14:41:52 -0500

Hi David and List,

What a great story. Brix is now seven years old and still loves to train on finding meteorites. Any dog with a high prey drive can find meteorites. I was reading a story about Conservation Dogs http://www.conservationdogs.com when the idea came up on K9's finding meteorites. These dogs can be trained to find almost anything. I was able to contact one of the trainers to ask for help training. Most of the trainers would not tell me how they were training the Conservation dogs. One of the trainers finally said they used the Cadaver dog handbook for starting the dogs on scent training. One of Brix's favorite games is to have me dig three different holes in my training pit. I then place his toy in the hole and cover it up. While I am hiding the toy Brix is placed on the side of the house out of view of the sand pit. Within seconds he easily detects the ball. Anything is possible with these dogs. Brix is great at finding Chondrites. I would like to teach him how to detect iron meteorites.

Brix has 3 beautiful Pure Bred German Shepherd puppies available for adoption. They are 11 weeks old and are AKC UKC registered. If anyone is interested I can put you in contact with the owner of the Female who has the pups. These dogs have potential to be excellent meteorite K9's as well as being full protection dogs and or service dogs.

Sonny

nevadameteorites.com