[meteorite-list] K9 unit to search for meteorites

From: Raremeteorites <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 09:51:23 -0800

Dogs are amazing. I had a rottweiler who loved rocks. I purchased Saharan
meteorite lots from the Labennes in the mid 1990's. I learned not to leave
them lying around since my dog would take them and bury them in the
backyard.

There is one thing I cannot explain. I used to pick up rocks randomly, look
at them carefully and throw them into a river. My dog would jump in the
river and fetch the exact rock I threw in every time. What makes this
amazing is that there were several thousand other rocks to choose from yet
he was able to retrieve the exact one I threw in. I do not think dogs can
smell or taste underwater so I have no idea how he was able to accomplish
this.

Adam