[meteorite-list] Salinas man finds meteorites in Nevada

From: Raremeteorites <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 13:14:51 -0700

It looks like the dry lake bed is a little wet in the first image and he
actually found some real meteorites this time.

A lot of hunters have found their very first meteorites in Nevada. I
believe the concentration of dry lake beds in Nevada must be the greatest in
the world. There are more mountains here in Nevada than any other state
including Alaska and Colorado. In-between mountain ranges, there seems to
be one or two dry lake beds each which unfortunately are not always dry as
we discovered last June even though Nevada is the driest state in the
nation..

Now, some lucky hunter needs to get out there and find the very first North
American Lunar meteorite here.

I believe Nevada could be the number state in meteorite recoveries if there
were enough searchers with feet on the ground. It is already the number gold
producing state by far accounting for 80% of all U.S. gold production; A
whopping 152,000,000 troy ounces (4,7000 Tons!) and they have barely
scratched the surface.

There are many areas here that remain pristine and have never been hunted!
I have been on dry lakes here without a single sign of modern humans!.

Happy Hunting,

Adam

.