[meteorite-list] Salinas man finds meteorites in Nevada

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 18:06:11 -0700

Just in case you were wondering,
If you try to search in the Met Bulletin Database for "Misfit Flats", it will result in "No Matches Found".
You will have to type-in the correct name for the locality, "Misfits Flat" in order to get results for Misfits Flat 001 & 002.

This is a rare case where a Nevada dry lake was named after a movie, "The Misfits" (1961, dir. John Huston).
Many people questioned why this movie was shot in black&white, but I like to think that, since so many scenes were shot at this location,
the harsh light of the dry lake forced the issue:
http://tinyurl.com/oa6a6ru
Bob V.