[meteorite-list] NASA: We’ll find alien life in 10 to 20 years

From: Shawn Alan <shawnalan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 21:02:50 -0700

Hello Listers

I think it will be Mars where they will find signs of life, or
signs there were life. If that happens I wonder if meteorites
from Mars will go up in price.

Enjoy

Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
ebay store http://www.ebay.com/sch/imca1633ny/m.html
Website http://meteoritefalls.com

NASA: We?ll find alien life in 10 to 20 years

"Are we alone in the universe? Top NASA scientists say the answer is
almost certainly ?no.?

?I believe we are going to have strong indications of life beyond
Earth in the next decade and definitive evidence in the next 10 to 20
years,? Ellen Stofan, chief scientist for the National Aeronautics and
Space Administration, said at a public panel Tuesday in Washington.

?We know where to look, we know how to look, and in most cases we have
the technology,? she said.

Jeffery Newmark, interim director of heliophysics at the agency put it
this way: ?It?s definitely not an if, it?s a when.?

However, if visions of alien invasions are dancing in your head, you can
let those go.

?We are not talking about little green men,? Stofan said. ?We are
talking about little microbes.?

Over the course of an hourlong presentation, NASA leaders described a
flurry of recent discoveries that suggest we are closer than ever to
figuring out where we might find life in the solar system and beyond.

For example, Jim Green, director of planetary science at NASA, cited a
study that analyzed the atmosphere above Mars? polar ice caps and
suggests that 50 percent of the planet?s northern hemisphere once had
oceans up to a mile deep, and that it had that water for a long period
of time ? up to 1.2 billion years.
"

source:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/nasa-we%e2%80%99ll-find-alien-life-in-10-to-20-years/ar-AAayMCL?ocid=ansLATimes11