[meteorite-list] MRO HiRISE Images: April 8, 2015

From: Ron Baalke <baalke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 16:33:38 -0700 (PDT)

MARS RECONNAISSANCE ORBITER HIRISE IMAGES
April 8, 2015

o Sinuous Ridge Materials in Reuyl Crater
  http://hirise.lpl.arizona.edu/ESP_039424_1700

  There are some interesting erosional signs in this observation,
  which will make for a good comparison with other intracrater fans.

o What on Mars is a High Thermal-Inertia Surface?
  http://hirise.lpl.arizona.edu/ESP_039485_1660

  What do we mean when we describe a surface as having "high thermal
  inertia"? The term refers to the ability of a material to conduct and
  store heat.

o Layers and Dark Dunes
  http://hirise.lpl.arizona.edu/ESP_039581_1520

  The target of this observation is a circular depression in a dark-toned
  unit associated with a field of cones to the northeast.

o Seasonal Flows in the Central Mountains of Hale Crater
  http://hirise.lpl.arizona.edu/ESP_040170_1440

  Recurring slope lineae (RSL) are active flows on warm Martian slopes
  that might be caused by seeping water.

All of the HiRISE images are archived here:

http://hirise.lpl.arizona.edu/

Information about the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter is
online at http://www.nasa.gov/mro. The mission is
managed by NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, a division
of the California Institute of Technology, for the NASA
Science Mission Directorate, Washington, D.C. Lockheed
Martin Space Systems, of Denver, is the prime contractor
and built the spacecraft. HiRISE is operated by the
University of Arizona. Ball Aerospace and Technologies
Corp., of Boulder, Colo., built the HiRISE instrument.