[meteorite-list] Remembering the late 1940's

From: Count Deiro <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 07:23:07 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Hello Aficiandos,

Thought for once we would have everything going for us to see a significant and educational display, as our observation point in the far northwest of the Las Vegas Valley would be facing the radiant, and the two story I live in would screen much of the ambient light. I anticipated one of those, we can all lie down on the grass and stare toward Ursa Major and be thrilled. So, alerted all of the grand kids and set up libations and waited. Well the best laid plans and predictions fell, as with deep disappointment we noted at 2100 Pacific that the our valley and most of Southern Nevada, Eastern California and Northern Arizona were blanketed by a layer of alto stratus.

Now, after reading some 47 posts, I see we all had our expectations dashed and in my case, I will still only have the great storms of 1947/48 to remember. They sparked my interest and wonderment in the cosmos at age ten.

Best to all, and to the Americans and their allies this Memorial Day weekend, a grateful salute to those of your ilk who gave the ultimate for our freedoms.

Count Deiro
IMCA - MET-SOC